I haven’t talked much about essential oils on the blog so today I want to share a really simple Tea Tree Oil moisturizer recipe with you. I use it every day on my face and I love it.
All you need are two ingredients.
- Coconut oil.
- I prefer organic but you don’t have to use organic.
- This big tub is available at Costco for a steal.
- It must be solid, so if you are trying this in the summer, put it in the fridge for a bit first to turn it back to solid.
- Young Living Tea Tree Essential Oil.
- If you have a different essential oil that you like for your skin, you can swap out the tea tree oil for your preferred oil. I use this moisturizer on my face and prefer tea tree because of my acne prone skin.
- I’m not going to go into all of the details right now as to why I think you should be using Young Living, but you should defiantly be using Young Living Essential Oils.
- If you don’t yet use Young Living Essential Oils, click here.
- Some kitchen tools.
- You will need a 1 cup measuring cup, a bowl, and a hand mixer.
- You you want to make a larger batch, you can use a kitchen aid mixer.
- You will also need a glass container for storage of the moisturizer.
It is seriously so simple. You put 1 cup of coconut oil in a bowl and whip it with a hand mixer or kitchen aid mixer on high for about 4 minutes or until peaks start to form. Then add 25 drops of essential oil and mix it for another 30 seconds. Thats it!
Just a few tips… Be sure to store your moisturizer in a glass dish because essential oils can break down plastic and you do not want and residual chemicals from the plastic getting on your skin. You may feel like 25 drops isn’t enough, so just add more until you reach your desired potency and mix it for another 30 seconds. Like I said before, you can use a different essential oil, or you can add another oil to the tea tree moisturizer, its really up to you and what you like to use on your skin.
Easy Tea Tree Moisturizer Recipe
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 25 drops of Tea Tree Young Living Essential Oil
- hand mixer or Kitchen Aid mixer
- glass storage container
Clear eyes, full hearts, can’t lose.