*this post contains affiliate links
I’m not sure there is anything I love more than a good oatmeal raisin cookie. Oh wait, there is something, chocolate! Well, good thing I have figured out how to make the best loaded oatmeal cookies with cranberries, raisins, and of course chocolate!
These oatmeal cookies are full of ingredients that you likely already have in your kitchen so don’t worry about this recipe being too complicated. And if you don’t like raisins, cranberries, or chocolate chips, you can go ahead and leave any or all of that out. You can also add a half cup your favorite nuts if you feel so inclined.
This recipe is super easy to make so I always let the kids do most of the work. I usually measure out all of the ingredients ahead of time and then I let them go to town. There isn’t much they can do to mess it up, so I recommend following the directions, but they always turn out pretty good regardless of the order the ingredients are mixed together.
Baking together is something I love to do with the kid. I don’t allow much screen time so it is always a challenge to figure out what we can do instead of turing on the tv. Usually, when the kids are getting really antsy and we need something to do, baking is my go to activity.
You know what else is great about these cookies? I brush them off as “basically a granola bar” so you can always find me munching a few of these for breakfast the next morning. I mean, they are oatmeal, aren’t they?
I have taken these babies to bible study, playdates, dinner gatherings, and holiday parties, and they are always a hit. Go ahead and give these yummy loaded oatmeal cookies a try, you won’t regret it!
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Quaker Oats (quick, uncooked)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Using your stand mixer or an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Add oats, cranberries, raisins, and chocolate chips; mix well.
- Drop dough using a dough baller onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 5 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely and store tightly covered.